Iowa Drag Strips

MOTOR MAGIC               Iowa's Premier MotorSport Magazine 

 

 

Home

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ERP Header

Eddyville Raceway Park Oskaloosa, Iowa 1/8 mile Paved 
Eddyville Dragway an 1/8 mile dragstrip was built in 1965 by James Griffiths on land owned by John Rempe.John took over the track in 1967. He operated the track with several managers and under AHRA, NHRA, and IHRA sanctions until 1993 when he sold it to Carl Moyer. Carl completely rebuilt the facility to bring it up to modern standards, changed the name to Eddyville Raceway Park, and ran it until 2006, when it was sold to Scott Gardner and Gerald Kramer.They operate the track today under NHRA sanction with about 60 events a year.
Cedar Falls Raceway Cedar Falls, Iowa 1/4 mile Paved
Cordova Dragway Cordova, Il (Quad Cities) 1/4 Mile
Rolling Thunder Drag Strip  Pacific Juct., Iowa 1/8 mile Paved

click here for 2014 schedule

Tri-State Raceway Earlville, Iowa 1/4 mile Paved 
Humboldt County Dragway Humboldt, Iowa 1/8 mile Paved
Iowa Speedway  Newton, Iowa 1/8 mile Paved

HISTORY

Des Moines Dragway existed for 11 years, from 1957 to 1967. 3,000 people were there on opening weekend. The Strip was called Greater Des Moines Drag Strip from 57 - 60. . Many nationally known drivers raced there such as Art Arfons with his Green Monster Jet car, from Ohio, on 5 -13-6

 

 

 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stay Tuned!      

 

contact us            motormagicdm@gmail.com